Thank you for visiting our website, which has been developed and now runs in the frame of the Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Action. CUREX is an EU-funded project that represents a strong consortium of 17 leading organizations in Europe.
Type of personal information that we process
The amount and type of information we process depends on your activities and use of the Website. Certain information is collected simply from your use of the Website, whereas other information is submitted by you voluntarily in your communications with us or to receive requested services. Below, we explain the information we process for our various services.
Which are the legitimate reasons for processing your personal data?
Legitimate reasons for lawful processing your personal information is the legitime interest of the CUREX consortium to promote the project’s outcomes as more specifically described in the Introduction, in order to meet contractual obligations in that context.
Storage and deletion of personal information that we process
Any personal information you are providing us through the Website or directly by contacting us via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, is securely stored by both website handlers (University of Piraeus & INTRASOFT) only for as long as necessary for us to comply with our contractual obligations to the funding authority of CUREX, namely the European Commission, and no longer than 3 years from project’s completion unless otherwise required for the defense of legal claims arising from the CUREX contract or as otherwise required by compulsory law.
Security of personal information that we process
INTRASOFT International, as the responsible party to host the website, applies all appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure safe processing of personal data and to prevent the accidental loss or destruction and unauthorized and / or illegal access to, use, modification or disclosure thereof. In assessing the appropriate level of security and in the process of selecting and implementing suitable technical and organizational measures, INTRASOFT International takes into account the state of the art, the costs of implementation and the nature, scope, context and purposes of processing, as well as the risks that are presented by processing, in particular from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed, and additionally, the risk of varying likelihood and severity for the rights and freedoms of natural persons
You have a number of rights, which you can exercise at any time. In particular, you have the:
- Right to be informed: You have the right to be informed about the processing and use of your personal information, including the purpose for which we are processing this information, the period that we will retain it and with whom we will share it.
- Right of access: You have the right to ask from us to confirm whether or not we are processing personal information concerning you. Where that is the case, you can access your personal information that we are processing and relevant supplementary information.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to request from us modifications, corrections or update to your personal information in case you believe that it is not up to date, complete or accurate.
- Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”): You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information that we are processing, subject to specific restrictions.
- Right to restrict processing: You have the right to request from us to restrict the processing of your personal information, with a view to limiting the way that we use this information.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to ask for your personal information to be provided back to you or transferred to a third party.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to us processing your personal information at any time for reasons related to your particular situation.
- Right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling), which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
To exercise your rights, please send us a notice to email@example.com.
Please keep in mind that you also have the right to lodge a complaint a supervisory authority (e.g., the Data Protection Authority within your region or country), should you wish so.
We do not knowingly process, use, or disclose information from children under 16. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 16 we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. Please immediately contact us if you become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information.
Cookies are small text files which are saved on your computer, mobile phone or tablet. They allow the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site. You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish. If you do this, however, you may need to manually adjust your preferences every time you visit a website. For more information on how to manage cookies, please visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org/
- SESSxx – set when you log into our website, then removed when you log out
We use tools like Google Analytics to better understand how visitors interact with our website. This provides us with important information to enable the site to work better. The information collected is not linked to your personal data.
For more information on the cookies set by Google Analytics, please visit: http://code.google.com/apis/analytics/docs/concepts/gaConceptsCookies.html
If you do not wish your information to be sent to Google Analytics, you can install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
We may keep track of pages you visit to help provide a more personalized user experience. In addition, tracking information is collected via Google Tag Manager and anonymized as we have activated the IP Anonymisation.
Last update: 14/12/2020