Hospitals are becoming the frequent target of cyber-attacks, with very serious consequences in terms both of data leakage, and, even more, of business continuity. The time has come to learn lessons from attacks, plan and invest in implementing effective full spectrum mitigation measures. One way to do this is by leveraging results from European funded research to better prepare your healthcare organisation in 2022, thereby improving preparedness in the face of new attacks.
Join us on 9 February 2022, 14:00-16:30 CET to get:
- A first-hand narration of the recent (14 May 2021) cyber-attack on the Health Service Executive (HSE) of Ireland from HSE officials that have dealt with the recovery phase.
- An overview of the European Commission actions for cybersecurity in the healthcare sector.
- An update on the most recent perspectives on healthcare cybersecurity from the European Union Agency for Cybersecurity (ENISA).
- Insights into the solutions developed by the three projects: software, methodologies, education kits, organizational guidelines tailored on the healthcare environment.
- Examples of how these solutions could have helped tackle the HSE cyber-attack, in terms of avoiding it and improving business continuity and recovery decisions.
- Practical information about accessing and using these solutions.
Non-technical in focus, this event will give managerial insights into how to use the solutions, with the opportunity to take part in Question and Answers.
| 14:00-14:05 | Welcome and Introduction - Setting the scene | Sabina Magalini, Gemelli University Hospital, Italy
| 14:05-14:15 | Overview of the European Commission actions for cybersecurity in the healthcare sector | Reza Razavi, Sr. Research Programme Officer for EU Policies, European Commission, Communications Networks, Content and Technology (DG CONNECT)
| 14:15-14:40 | Narration of the HSE cyber-attack and subsequent recovery | Peter Daly, Health Service Executive, Ireland
| 14:40-14:45 | A joint catalogue of the 3 Projects’ Tools and of their applicability in the context of HSE cyber-attack | Pasquale Mari, Gemelli University Hospital, Italy
| 14:45-15:35 | Round table 1: Spotlight on practical solutions from
- CUREX | Prof. Christos Xenakis, University of Piraeus, Greece
- PANACEA | Sabina Magalini, Gemelli University Hospital, Italy
- SPHINX | Christos Ntanos, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- Summary of solutions and tools
- How they could have helped in HSE cyber-attack
- How they can be adopted by hospitals
| 15:35-15:45 | Update on ENISA perspectives on healthcare cybersecurity | Maria Papaphilippou, Cybersecurity Officer, European Union Agency for Cybersecurity (ENISA)
| 15:45-16:30 | Round table 2: Takeaways and Calls to Action | Reza Razavi (DG CONNECT); Maria Papaphilippou (ENISA); Peter Daly (HSE); Christos Xenakis (CUREX); Sabina Magalini (PANACEA); Christos Ntanos (SPHINX);
See the video recording from the event below: